KaSyida Thomas, LPC
KaSyida graduated with a Bachelors degree in Psychology from Hampton University and earned a Masters degree in Counseling from Old Dominion University. She is a Licensed Professional Counselor in Virginia.
Over the last 15 years, KaSyida has gained vast experience in multiple mental health settings, including Community Service Boards (CSBs), Employee Assistance (EAP) programs, residential and acute facilities, emergency services, juvenile detention, and private practice. KaSyida has served in several capacities helping adolescents, adults, and families overcome mental health obstacles and life altering circumstances.
KaSyida utilizes a wide range of clinical interventions to address all areas of need including, but not limited to, depression, anxiety, Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), parent-child relational problems, grief, mood disorders, family/couples conflict, Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), attachment disorders, and trauma. Therapeutic Interventions that KaSyida utilizes include Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Cognitive Therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy and an integrated therapy approach with a foundation in Person-Centered Therapy. KaSyida believes that creating a non-judgmental atmosphere with a positive attitude and empathy allows for the full potential of healing and growth.
KaSyida is patient, understanding, and open. KaSyida is passionate about helping others recognize their ability to overcome by activating inner strength and self-worth. She desires to be instrumental in the one’s clinical journey in hopes that they will empower someone else. She is compassionate about providing services to those who made the brave decision to seek direction, support, and help. KaSyida is providing Teletherapy at MySpectrum for the ease and convenience of accessing care in the comfort of one’s own environment.
Call us today to schedule an appointment with KaSyida: 804-924-2236, option 1. You may also request a teletherapy appointment by filling out the new client form here.
Below are some specific areas that this Therapist has identified as being in their clinical skillset to treat. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list, but is presented to serve as a guide as you learn more about the Therapist and their potential match with you.
- ADD/ADHD Faith Based (Christian)
- Anger Management Faith Affirming
- Stress Family Therapy
- Anxiety Fatherhood
- Attachment Issues First Responders
- Autism Spectrum Formerly Incarcerated
- Bipolar Foster/Adoption Issues
- Behavioral Issues Grief/Loss
- Body Image LGBTQ+ Affirming
- Borderline Personality Disorders Life transitions
- CBT Men’s Issues
- Chronic Impulsivity Military Families/Individuals
- Couples Counseling Mindfulness
- Court Cases Motherhood
- DBT Mood Disorders
- Depression Multi-Cultural
- Post-Partum Non-Substance Addictions
- Psychosis OCD
- PTSD/Trauma Parenting Issues
- Race issues PCIT
- School Issues (College or Other) Peer Relationships
- Suicide Risk Personality Disorders
- Self Esteem Phobias
- Self-Harm Spirtuality Based and Affirming
- Sexual Disorders Substance Use
- Women’s Issues Sex Offenders
- Young-Adult Issues Eating Disorders
- Domestic Violence Solution Focused Brief Intervention