How You Can Pay for Therapy at MySpectrum
Searching for, and finding, mental health care is tough. Determining how to pay for it can be even tougher. We hope to be able to provide you with some information here to guide you through the process of deciding how your services at MySpectrum will be covered financially. The goal is that you will then have one less thing to worry about so you can focus on your path to wellness.
The world of insurance can be like trying to fit the pieces of a puzzle together. We realize that. In an effort to help you determine if your insurance would cover your therapy or psychiatric care at MySpectrum, we encourage you to check your insurance coverage and ask some of these questions to your insurance carrier:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- Do I have a co-pay for mental health services? If so, what is it?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
If you are using an EAP to receive your mental health care, make sure to ask your employer the name of the EAP plan. Often times, this is different from your primary insurance and has a different name. We will need this information to get you set up with your free EAP sessions. We will also need an authorization letter that lets us know you are approved to receive help through the EAP with us.
Because we want to be able to help as many people as possible, we accept many insurances. Below is a list of many of the insurance plans we accept. Please note that acceptance of an insurance is based on the individual provider at MySpectrum, so please let us know your insurance carrier as specifically as possible when you complete the Get Started Form.
Insurances Accepted (dependent upon provider)
- AARP Medicare Supplement Plans insured by United Healthcare
- Aetna Affordable Health Choices
- Aetna Better Health of Virginia Medicaid
- Aetna Better Health of Virginia Medicare
- Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield
- Anthem EAP
- Anthem Federal Employees
- Anthem Healthkeepers HMO
- Anthem Healthkeepers Plus Medicaid
- Anthem Healthkeepers Plus Medicare
- Centerstone Solutions
- Christian Brothers Services
- Cigna EAP
- ComPsych EAP
- Independence Administrators
- Optima EAP
- Optima Health Community Care Plus
- Optima Health Plan
- Optima Medicaid
- Optum Health
- Tufts Health Plan
- United Healthcare
- United Heathcare Medicaid
- United Healthcare / Oxford
- VA Medicare Part B
- Virginia Premier Elite Plus
- Virginia Premier Health Plans
- Virginia Premier Medicaid
*In addition to accepting insurance, you can also self-pay, or pay out of pocket. These rates are below.
MySpectrum Fee Schedule / Self-Pay Rates
- Initial Intake Assessment (60 minutes) – $115
- Therapy Session (45-50 minutes) – $75
- Therapy Session (60 Minutes) – $90
- Family Therapy (w/client) – $90
- Family Session (w/o client) – $90
- Interactive Complexity Add-On – $25
- Group Therapy – $40 per group
- Life Coaching – Telehealth – $120 (50 to 60 minutes)
- Life Coaching – In-Person – $175 (50 to 60 Minutes)
- Mental Health Evaluation for Court, Lawyers (does not include fee for writing a report) – $250
- Outside Office Work (Inpatient visits, Collaborative Services, Court appearances, etc.) – $100 per hour
- Written Report (Court, Supervisors) – $100 per hour
- Consultation – $100 for non client, $75 for current client
- No Show/Late Cancellation Fee (less than 24 hour notice) – $55
- Returned Check Fee (per check) – $50
For payments, we accept credit card payments, and will require that we have a credit card on file prior to your first appointment. If you have Medicaid or are using an EAP, we won’t charge your card. If there is any issue with placing a credit card on file, please let the scheduler know. We will charge the card on file after each session if you owe anything. This charge will be your copay, deductible, or any amount for which you are responsible.
For convenience, you can make payments here.
We strive to provide a setting where you can focus on your wellness and not the financial aspects of attending therapy. If you have any questions, please let us know. Likewise, if you have any issues with making a payment, please also let us know. We know there is a cost to therapy, but this shouldn’t create a cost to your mental health and wellbeing!